Wednesday 30 Jan. Day 245 / 21

La B dreamed I died in the night. I've published Metanoia. I am full of snot.



Yesterday, Paul in his letter to the Hebrews (10:1-10), said Jesus is a perfect sacrifice because, unlike normal bulls, cows and pigeons, he only had to be killed once, whereas normal sacrifices have to be repeated, every day, week, year, whatever. But Jesus quotes from Psalm 39 - "Here I am Lord, I come to do your will". That is the perfect sacrifice, which each one of us is required to make, to do God's will. We have not had that obligation or necessity removed by Jesus having been crucified / "sacrificed". He is simply showing us what, in extremis, is required of each of us.

I suggested yesterday when we were discussing the Rule (Chapter 7, more humiliation) that Paul was wrong (as above, about Jesus being a sacrifice), and Benedict too (about angels reporting back to God on our doings, all the time - a sort of Orwellian nightmare vision of heaven). That what Benedict was trying to say is that there is no hiding place in the Garden, that the eye of God sees everything we do and feel and think, and even though we may try to hide from ourselves the truth of ourselves, it is known, it will be known, and until it is known, we cannot be free. We like to pretend, like Adam and Eve, that we can hide our nakedness from God, like pheasants who because they cannot see you, think you cannot see them.

I think I shocked M-KA. AC didn't speak. He brought me a coffee this morning, checking I was still alive.

It was so windy last night the caravan was being picked up and bounced around. No harm done, I don't think, but very odd, since the caravan is closely surrounded on 2 and a half sides by high stone walls. Glad it wasn't out in the open.

I've ordered 20 copies (of Metanoia) to be sent to Felicity's, one here, one to Stuart and one to La B.

It's a lovely cold clear sunny morning. There's a polar vortex over America, apparently.

Comments