Thursday October 25. Day 146. And my 66th year.

Thursday | October 25th 2018
American financeKerplunk
Last night America’s stockmarket lost almost all of the gains from what had appeared to be a solid year. The drop was catalysed by trade tensions with China and rising interest rates. Most industries are affected, including construction and farm-machinery companies, and car manufacturers. Markets regained some ground this morning. But after a remarkable run this year, a period of turbulence seems overdue

I wonder how my cash in Curtis Banks has done compared to the stock market?



Aden gave me a lovely day - all in pictures really, from a song and picture of moonlight from B, to proper breakfast, proper lunch (a really nice Vietnamese restaurant in the old quarter who gave me a surprise birthday pudding) a tour round the Citadel and war museum, a visit to Aden's tailor to get a linen jacket made, a delicious Indonesian meal in Batavia (which Aden had never noticed although it's right beside his office, and which Danny's Jenny said had been there for years) and then off to Mark Lacey's book launch and photo exhibition. A and I bought a book each (beautifully printed in Vietnam - several hundred pages of 4 colour photos of Hanoi) and I bought a large photo printed on rice paper and A was going to buy a framed photograph - a shop front full of lamps and bric a brac. Mark talked about his technique and what post-processing he did. I left A with Danny and Mark and went off home to bed. A lovely day.

Pictures here:

Comments