Saturday 11 August Day 72. Or Day 60.

Rule 58.On the procedure for admitting brethren. How many days since my postulancy began? Monday 11 June, apparently. Which was Day 12. Exactly 60 days ago. Maybe start counting my days from then, now. Strange how this rule comes up the day before I'm due to talk to Jim. I'm a bit confused about time and stages, not that they matter, but the Rule seems to talk about the novitiate starting once the postulant is let in the door, and lasting for a year, and then the vows are taken and signed and handed over to the Abbot. That this in fact is my novitiate.

I'm off, in obedience, to do the shop. Jacques thinks I look a sight in my nice fleece covered in grass clippings and inappropriately dressed for shopping, so I called him a pouf, which seemed to amuse him.

Spent two hours in Vivonne, at the Tabac, Briconaute, Citroen and SuperU, and enjoyed myself. Spent €250. Basically on fruit and veg and a very expensive and entirely unnecessary wok (for Patty's paella, which was delicious). Bill Aback leaves on the 6:25 TGV for Paris. I'm taking him in. Miguel from Portugal is stuck in Lisbon with his violin - RyanAir wouldn't let him on the plane. He's coming by train later in the week.

We're being visited by Jacques, from Lyons, next Sunday. He may stand in for Andrew when he's away in the Uk in November. This was arranged by the French back in March / April. Jacques Richard had a long chat with Sandrine this afternoon, not sure what about. Sandrine said Laurence is upset that the report has been sent to everyone on the committee. She thinks he's shooting from the hip. No email to me.

Comments