Friday 6 July

For completeness really. Seemed to have slipped through the net.

The Rule Chapter 7.1 on humility, and Jacob's ladder. the idea that the community is deliberately exposing my neediness and desire to be the centre of attention (or not there at all) by not acknowledging me, gently snubbing me. that Laurence is some sort of Magus figure and everyone is following his lead, looking past or over or through me when all I want desperately is to be listened to, laughed at, have my ego soothed and stroked. (Hattrick - see warning sign - infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me)

does (almost any) community automatically do this, in any case? knock the bits off the ones who stick out, and is the rule simply a formalisation / recognition of this - that we are led consciously to discard out egos, to accept the hurt and the constraints, to almost enjoy it?

In a sense are we both proving and demonstrating the truth of JP's idea of the bible and belief and religion as a how to manual from the past on how the world really works - that we are consciously implementing its system not just for survival but for creating the kingdom? That the Rule is a conscious articulation of something that has happened at all times in human communities and by making it conscious it makes it more effective, more efficient?

Comments