Wednesday 13.June.2018 Day 14

Andrew and Delyth off to Manchester.

Ring Mark Roberts (I did, after 9pm and had a nice chat)
dig garden (I did but more to do today)
prep for meditation at 6pm - I did, after washing myself in the Flune / Rhune, whatever our little river is called, and made it (the Chapel, not the river, but which looks sad and empty 'cos the sluices are open) look nice, and the way I like it to look, and marked all the office books with the correct page and found the readings for the day (St Anthony of Padua, who turns out to be a bit of a reptile, or maybe not - like St Dominic, founder of the you guessed it Dominicans, who I think liked going around burning heretics, who presumably he thought were reptiles and burning was the best thing for them).

I sent reptiles to Stuart and Hattrick and Aden and Susanne. Stuart responded, rather perpeceptively, and nicely. And I got a lovely email from Susanne who's being rained on in the Pyrennees about the little piece on detachment I sent her.

I sent reptiles to Hattrick because I thought I might be being a bit mad (as in thinking Andrew and Laurence are or might be reptiles, amongst other outrageous things) and she's said I've had what she thought were psychotic episodes before now. Anyway she said she'd listen to them. Having listened to them all again and my further thoughts last night (Wednesday that is) I don't think I am (mad) and I think there is a potentially rich seam there to be explored - on the nature of evil and sin, to use archaic terms, and to respond to.

It appears from the above that not much happened. Actually a lot did, but I was very busy, even if I didn't achieve very much. I continued my spoken meditation on the subject of reptiles, and good and evil in the world, and as usual didn't go to sleep until after midnight (not exhausted and sleeping the sleep of the just as I'd hoped after my efforts digging over the old compost heap in the veggie garden) listening happily to the sound of my own voice as I nodded off. I thought I'd actually turned it off, but when I woke up at 5am this morning (Thursday) they seemed to have played themselves back to the beginning.


Comments