Sunday 24.June.2018 Day 25

to do today: (maybe)

Oscar's stone, and a speech.

introduction - explain what it's about?
or climax, with blessing by all with Frome water at end
everyone wish well for Oscar and promise / re-promise to do well themselves

About the sacraments marking our lives - birth, coming of age, marriage, death. The sacrament of baptism - it's a stage in life, and important. We are welcoming him into the tribe, to the world, to his family and friends, but also to values - love, care. When Christians say 'we abjure the devil and all his works' that's not hocuspocus or fairy tales, that's really saying we all want the good, we want to love and give and be kind to each other and the world, not to turn our backs on people who need our help, not to spend our lives just looking out for number 1. So it doesn't matter whether or not you're religious, or believe in a god - what matters is that you believe in love and kindness and unselfishness. And we do that not because a god told us to, but because we know it is right, and what it means to be a real human being. So, dear Oscar, welcome to the human race.

water air fire earth + water back to life . . . baptism - meaning? baptise with water from the Frome - parents, grandparents, siblings, 'god' parents?

Stuart whole book chap 6 ff. Docs - page numbers./ odd and even page margins. Lulu spec for e-books
plug in my netbook and check

woke up at 6.30, exhausted. perhaps I should have stayed in bed.

Then a major panic about the accounts and where all my posted invoices had disappeared to. Assumed they'd got lost when Katherine was transferring everything to the new Lenovo, but found them eventually on Google Drive, in no particular folder. So it wasn't really Windows and Microsoft that did it, but Chrome and Google, but I still hate Windows, especially Windows 10. Seems designed to confuse.

Fiddling with my recording. Adding notes and time stamps. I really want a stream of consciousness, emails, text notes, recordings, pics and videos to be pumped up to my blog, and I just delete the boring bits, or don't. And stop worrying about the audience.

Reading the Rule and commentary. We're on rule 18 today, about which psalms to say when, and how to pray.

I feel very confused, out of control / not in control. Probably just exhausted, or driven neurotic by the arrival and departure of my teacher (Benedict's Dharma says this can happen). Everyone's going off to look at Georges Sandes' house at Berry and have a picnic. Maybe take Pol there when she's here.

Tidying up Google Drive folders helps (with the confusion and being out of control).

"I was very close to putting some champagne in my trolley ... My 'bottom' is far enough away that I don't see it now very clearly." on Belle's flying sober blog. My problem, here in Bonnevaux, particularly.

The sound file
[00:13]fiddling around trying to get the time stamp to work
[00:58]fixed it
[01:44]bad start - accounts nightmare
[08:00]ideas for Oscar's baptism
[09:14]thomas /  gerard - gigi & brigitte
[10:58]going to sleep
[11:34]thomas / buddism / death
[12:35]eating coconut crisps.
[13:06]fiddling with bpm. problems. interference from all my gizmos?
[14:14]measuring. silence. int
[14:51]pumping twice. trying again.
3rd time lucky. silence
complete silence. filming wasps?

(this is taking "it's just for me" a bit far!) I am being extremely quiet, filming the wasps. They don't like me smoking - start whirring like mad. And there are a lot more of them. Hope I haven't made a mistake. The nest is getting steadily bigger. It's so funny because they don't seem to be doing anything, but every day there are a few more cells, and some have white fluffy bits in them - presumably new wasps.
[16:21]speaking again. 
[17:31]wasps
L'etang de Gigi et Brigitte

Probably should have skinned the cat first

One eyed Bertie, at rest

The wasps busy making more wasps

[20:06]solo meditation, terrible singing

Comments