Friday 15.June.2018 Day 16

The Rule. The community. Meditation. And through those three, like warp and weft, work, study, pray. The Rule as trellis, the community as support, a cot to rest on, meditation and the mantra - my part, my plea, my praying in aid. cf Buddhism - sangha, dharma and something else.

I've lost touch with my notes on blog and other text files.

It's been raining all night.

Jean Christophe is going to strim round my caravan.

Katherine rang the bell.

Tina has made lovely cushions, and a cover for the little mindfulness cushion that Barbara gave me.

I'm having muesli for breakfast.

I went to meditation at 6am, having said I wouldn't, but I woke at 5.30 so it seemed churlish not to.

    As an unhappy child to its mother
    I run to the Rule, the community,
    the mantra.
    this is no laughing matter,
    any more.

7:33 BP 138/88, pulse 74

I am sickened by my pride and self importance, the way I see myself as superior to everyone else. Tina, Andrew especially.

J-C clearing away the thorns and brambles that have suddenly grown up round my caravan, wrapping themselves round cables, hiding the important things under the van. Just in time.

Comments