Day 5 Wednesday 16.v.2018 and Day 4 Tuesday 15.v.2018

Very frustrating, or just a sign. Aspasia's wifi which was brilliant the first two days seems to have gone awol, or is only available for a few seconds at a time, so I can't upload this or check my emails. I thought I'd told Belle, but I seem not have sent her the email I'm sure I've written about my reset and the reasons therefore. So she was a bit confused by my Day Two - still sober update. And I can't check my emails to see if I did send her anything.

So I've come downstairs and sat outside Aspasia's door, and uploaded my snaps and enlightened (I hope) Belle as to my current state. Must get ready for my day, and meditate first.

Shopped for beers and sausage and cheese for lunch and met Mike at to Elliniko and we drove off to Lou's in Galinado, then Kouros and a swim and Stuart's at 6pm for dinner by starlight.

Day 5 Wednesday 16.v.2018
Stayed up until 1.30, nattering with Stuart and stayed the night at Lagos Rachi. Woke late and then we went down to Christos' at the Kouros Hotel to work on Stuart's new novel. Followed by a nice lunch at Stelios' and one the better and cheapest meals out so far - €20.

Back via Moni and Eleni, late, after 5pm. Fortunately she was knackered too so we agreed to meet up in the morning. Stuart has left his phone in my car. In Heaven sampling non-alcoholic cocktails (Riet v apologetic because she had forgotten to get tomato juice, Worcester sauce or limes in. They are really only just opening, although everywhere seems busy. Apollonas had 4 bus loads for lunch. In the wrong tavernas according to Stelios  - we debated the merits of his a) standing naked on the beach shouting 'pudding' or b) striding naked along the paralleia shouting at all the lunchers to go away to another restaurant. We felt option b stood the best chance of chasing them in this direction. We had an excellent and probably the cheapest meal I've had on Naxos. Lovely Greek salad. Really nice oil, almost as good as Stuart's.

Wondering if and where I might eat. Riet has gone home so I assume not here in Heaven. Perhaps to Elliniko.

Or just go home for scrambled eggs.

Bit sad that tomorrow is my last day. Planning to go with Eleni to Mikri Vigla to look at a farm (€300 a year, good for potatoes) owned by a friend of hers who lives in Athens, and maybe Michailis' land again, if I can find it.

Trying to work out a way back to Athens on Friday that gets me to the plane on time, and doesn't go via Mykonos. Maybe a ferry to Rafina.

Holidays are such hard work.

Comments