Day 2 Sunday 13.v.2018 (contd) and some random snaps

Lovely email from Shoshannah (sounds like I'm pissed, but she says it's her name in Hebrew). Needs a proper reply.

Sent links to the blog to Pol, by way of a postcard, ditto Andrew (btw he was the "he" pouring the pastis the other night).

Tried to record the noise from my balcony - complete failure as there isn't any apart from the scrap merchant next door destroying my caravan (is this a sign?). I thought it was someone beating their carpets.

Off to breakfast in Heaven and the beach with Eleni. See ya later!

Heaven - scrambled eggs and lukanika (not - frankfurters, Riet doesn't like Naxos lukanika). Gave Riet my book. Walk tomorrow with Christos and Kurt from Danakos to Chimaros Tower. See Lee (nice Greek Canadian, friend of Manolis, the farmer in Sagri) in evening with Eleni. Eleni staying night (has to tax her car in the morning). Sounds like Lee lives near here.

Mikri Vigla. Mixhailis and Sofia. very nice. His land is lovely, an unspoilt empty valley high above Orkos. We had a good chat. Then delicious lunch/supper at Naxortissia (?) near Kapraki - samphire and kebab and goat and Amstel frees and constant spliffs. No swim. Dropped Eleni off, talked to Caterina and Anna on the roof of To Pevko, then back to To Elliniko for an Amstel Free with Mike. We'll see Lou on Tuesday for lunch at his place.

Looking forward to my walk.

A very nice sober day. Nice chat with Felicity and another lovely email from Susannah. Eleni thinks I'm mad to offer Michailis any rent, Michael thinks he's a con man, just after my money. We'll see, or we won't, if I don't. Mike said do it in France (camp in a rented field). (Or England, except for the weather. And no Bonnevaux - could I have my cake and eat it?)

And so to bed. No reaction from Belle as yet to my reset. It is the weekend.

Felicity was quite worried, my blog yesterday was so miserable, and asked if I would prefer she did not read it. I said absolutely not. If I want to hide, I can hide very easily from everyone. It's good to be open, congruent, honest, and try and do it every day. Plus treats of course. A lot today, all nice, mostly people.

Some random snaps.

The disappearing marble mountain.
It's being turned into bathroom tiles.

Sunset over Kinidaros


















Sunset over Kinidaros

Sunset over Kinidaros


More (or less) of the marble mountain


The scrapyard from my balcony,
and my caravan being destroyed

Random field off my balcony.
We're at the edge of town.


Naxoortissia salad 



Eleni Kapiri bas relief

San Giorgios Beach outside the Hippocampo





Sky over the Chapel after meditation

A Composting Toilet?




Caravan interior. "The Living Room"

The "kitchen"

Eleni or Despina - a sheep's head, maybe







Comments

  1. So very well done to have reset onto sobriety. Glorious photos. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say anything you like. I do.