Day 14 Friday 25.v.2018

Susanna says (she's off today, if the grève doesn't get her)

  • rub coconut oil in my scalp for my old man's dry skin eczema and brown patches / scabs. Laurence has the same problem (bald and 65, who'd have thought)
  • take magnesium every day to lower my blood pressure
  • take her magic homeopathic pills for next 4 days (Pulsilla) and Belladonna if I get another attack
  • brush my teeth if I feel like smoking, leave my tobacco at home, treat fags as a real treat / reward, not an over used baby's dummy
  • eat a banana every day
  • go to bed early

she's going to give me a consultation over skype / whatever when she gets back to Karlsruhe and consult her books and charts to decide what my treatment should be - foregoing are just emergency measures to prevent my imminent death

She doesn't mention exercise. God knows when I would fit any in. She did suggest a sort of fake commute. I could cycle to Coulombiers every day, to the boulangerie and get fresh bread. Or to Vivonne for tobacco and my personal shopping at Super-U.

Things I am worrying about

  • Aegean - complaining, asking for a refund
  • Curtis Banks - complaining. Getting my fucking money back. Get it all out and just pay the tax.
  • fixing the Astra wheel / tyre
  • finishing Stuart's sample and book
  • finishing Metanoia
  • sorting out the PV system - is it really working properly? What is the little meter box actually telling me anything (apart from the stupid smiley battery icon, who turns severely depressed on the turn of a coin)
  • doing my French lessons

I've completely drained the batteries trying to run the fridge on electric. all the lights went out last night. Hopefully there's enough juice left to allow the PV panels to recharge (and some sunshine - it's a bit grey right now - 8am)

I had a really good day yesterday. Did useful things. Did not piss about. Had a good night's sleep (QED probably). Followed by list and ticked things off. Did a nice job of bagging the sand and tidying up the Chapel doors. Good session on the Rule with Mary and Henriette and Susanna - obedience part 2. I've borrowed Mary's 'Benedict's Dharma' which has the best translation I've yet found of the Rule by Patrick Barry, who threw me out of Ampleforth in 1970.

I'm reading 'Housekeeping' by Marilynne Robinson, which is beautiful and brilliant. I think Ingrid or Felicity gave it to me. She also wrote 'Gilead' which I have either read, or seen the film of.

Fucking great hornet just blundered in, and then blundered out again. I'm beginning to suspect insects aren't very bright, even my mortar bees have difficulty working out where the front door is. Cats on the other hand; as Eckhart Tolle apparently knows 10,000 Great Masters, but they're mostly cats.

And I have a little nest of blue tits in the wall about a foot from my window, all squawking like demons with their gobs wide open, waiting for mum/dad to return with lunch. I feel bad because I picked up a fledgling yesterday that must have fallen out of a nest but I didn't know where so I just put him/her on a window ledge and hoped for the best. Which was probably a cat. No longer there.

Time for bed. 9:36. Still light - just as well as I still have no electricity in the caravan.

Comments