Day 90 Thursday 5.iv.2018

I had a silly night (fell asleep listening to the radio, then woke up and read myself back to sleep, eventually, but woke at 7am feeling pretty groggy and anxious). So I wrote myself a list - sort out the caravan lights and bearings, pay the garage (£564 which wasn't too bad considering the cost of the servo and they did a full service), get a bike rack, number plate and mirror extensions from Halfords, meet up with Charles tomorrow at Rachel's in Corsham, finish off the table, look after the babies when Felicity went out. Meditated in the car at lunchtime. A generally useful day and lots of time with Oscar, Beeb and Alba. Felicity has turned my pheasant stock into a delicious soup, which we are all eating with gusto. Beeb and Alba visited my caravan and were amused.

A bit nervous about rushing on to France, really leaving friends and family behind, and was I rushing it a bit, but that was more anxiety in the small hours of the night. I'm going, and glad to be doing so, and that's that. Emailed Andrew at Bonnevaux and got a nice reply, just surprised I was coming so soon, which is reassuring.

Just realised, today is Day 90 - as far as I got last time, so from tomorrow I will be in new territory, soberly speaking. Told Belle I was worried about getting complacent and taking my sobriety for granted, and she expressed surprise, that I was feeling that way whilst setting off on my big adventure, which I suppose is a fair point. As Felicity said when I got here after my first big drive, she was impressed I didn't immediately demand large quantities of alcohol (she's got in lots of NA beer). Anyway I didn't. The next test is a night on the ferry to Le Havre. Make sure I have treats on board and something for when I arrive at Bonnevaux (Super-U NA biere).

I've just hit some button which has reversed my screen to black. I wonder what it was - didn't know my Chrome could do that.


Comments