Day 87 Monday 2.iv.2018

The impact on my level of fatigue is fascinating. I've only been avoiding bread and pasta for maybe 10 days, and I haven't once had an afternoon nap (aka catatonic collapse) - I've thought about it (it's become something of a habit) several days, and just thought, no, I don't want to, I simply don't feel like it. Thanks Dr JP.

Listening to Jeff Salzmann about Alzheimers. Cynical people without purpose are more prone to it. And he sent me a Speakpipe message - I'd left one for him about Chris Grosso and addiction. He said he'd been sober for two years. Who'd have known? There was I thinking I was the only meditator on the planet with addiction issues.

good relationships, purpose, staying cognitively active. fiji water (for aluminium) silicic acid removes aluminium, mercury from fillings (don't eat sharks and swordfish). (22:08). sugar. exercise every day. good sleep - get a lot. don't by cynical (causes heart attacks as well). eat healthy. stay away from flour products. keep alcohol and drugs to a minimum. (less than a bottle and a half of wine a week). you develop more cognitive capacity in 50s and 60s. better self regulation. wiser. fix your gut biome - gut produces more serotonin than any other parts of the body. cut down gluten, milk products. gluten rips the gut, and then passes through to the blood brain barrier and rips that too. meat and veg!

for me, bread is essentially lazy - a slice of bread and butter is a really easy quick hit.

a ketogenic diet - calories from fats. fluoride calcifies your pineal gland. brain is mostly (one third) made of cholesterol. grass fed beef good (high in omega-3), grain fed beef bad.

am I becoming a foodie? send jeff a message (36:00) about bread (he was raving about pasta and pies).

de Witt has a "couple of pieces of toast a month - tastes like angel cake". Jeff doesn't eat sugar all day, and now doesn't have an afternoon slump.

"assume you have zero will power - so organise your life so you don't need it . . . arrange your life so you don't have choices" (like not having access to Pol's drinks cupboard). habits are contagious. I wonder if I could give up fags as easily as I did bread. I positively don't want bread now.

trauma in childhood - leads to addiction.

Lovely lunch with H. Did my NA beer with gluten make me feel a bit bloaty? (I noticed a bottle of gluten free beer, but of course it had alcohol in it. I'm guessing alcohol and gluten free beer would probably be water.)

Water all over all the roads, like a river on the road from the A140 to Eye.

I've done my route planning for the big caravan haul tomorrow - 410 miles. Must get a tank of cheap diesel and a number plate for the caravan.

Belle quoted my incongruency email in full (see yesterday), which is flattering.

Said goodbye to Pol. Fixed her radiator and had a shower in a nice warm bathroom. 

Comments