Day 101 Monday 15.iv.2018

15+31+30+31+31+30+25 days to go. 193 days to my birthday. That will also be about the end of my penpal deal with Belle.

The gas has just run out. Switch the bottle after breakfast.

    like a lavine, a tide of plaster and rubble slides in a rush out of an upper window,
        a cloud of yellowed white dust rising in the still morning air.
    Monsieur Ruel, the surgeon, and his assistants prepare the body
        for surgery and reconstruction
    dissect, dismantle, debrade the corpse, removing rotten tissue,
    great piles of discarded rubbish deposited into bennes. (Fr for skip?)
    the doors and windows, empty sockets, temporarily boarded
    corridors empty, wallpapers destroyed, haunted by dust and shadows.
    but this is no corpse; or it is, awaiting its resurrection
    in the spring on 2019, they say.

No gas at Super-U - I have to go Auchan or Leclerc in Poitiers. Super-U don't do Calor / propane.

I've got my solar panel working and it's going like a dream, charging my two giant batteries fit to bust. I don't think Jean Christophe was very impressed when I showed him the little car bulb in the gas locker glowing. The gas heater works, and the ceiling light, but not I think the fridge - it seems to want mains electricity although I have switched it to Battery. Gas worked for the fridge but I'll burn a lot of gas. Problem seems to be that although it will convert mains to 12v, it won't convert 12v to 240v - so my 3 pin plugs and little lights and chargers won't work. How much will a 12v to 240v transformer cost, even assuming one is available? Go on the interweb and ask.

Missed evening meditation, doing a blow out shop in Super-U for snacks and meat products and beer and demineralised water to top up my old battery. And tobacco for Rebecca.

In the morning I moved the wood with J-C, and went to check out the hunting lodge. It's quite a long walk, and at first I couldn't find it. Saw my first muskrat - they're big - and zillions of frogs and I think an otter who lolloped away from me through the grass at the top of the hill. And beautiful flowers everywhere. Soren's made the lodge really nice - I'd stay there if I didn't have the caravan. Andrew wanted me to help with the accounts this afternoon but visitors and other things intervened so I went off to assemble the solar panel kit.

I wonder what's happening in Syria?

I can get a little gizmo for a few euros that converts 12V to 240v so I could charge my Chrome and mobile. Or a bigger one that could supply all the three pin sockets and run the fridge and/or my electric heater. decisions, decisions. I'd rather meditate and do some useful work (and book flights to Naxos).

Altered / lowered consciousness. Troubles with Rebecca and Andrew. We are a very small family. Missing meditation. Spending so much time in Super-U buying rubbish, being out in the world. Being alone with myself. The down after yesterday's high.

Comments