Day 74 Tuesday 20.iii.2018

And woke up at 7.30, having had a good night's sleep, but still feel a bit crap.

Seize the day.

Searching through my poems for something to read at Gill's tonight.

Reading Dawkins' The Blind Watchmaker. Very good. Funny that an atheist spends so much time measuring the information content of DNA against the Bible and / or New Testament.

Thought experiment. A string of random letters, punctuation, spaces is fed to a program (could be a human being). Say 200 characters. Changing one letter at a time, using a dictionary and a grammar as a target / constraint, how many passes of the character string through the program before it becomes an intelligible phrase, sentence, paragraph, and what might it say?

Have told Curtis Banks to cash in my Aviva investment and wait for instructions. Need to fill in a transfer form for Phoenix to get the cash out of Curtis Banks.

Listened to Belle's podcast about compulsive behaviour. I think I have compulsive do-nothing-itis. I did tidy up my caravan today, and sort through some of the stuff I've piled up in the dog's room. I need to throw quite a lot of it out - like the complete history of Top Trucks. I'd like to make a start on Felicity's table tomorrow.

Nice evening at Gill's. Said goodbye to Florence and Richard and Ian and Carol and Derek. Some good poems, all good actually. I didn't have any to offer. 

Comments