Day 71 Saturday 17.iii.2018

St Patrick's Day. It's snowing. Walk the dogs. Send some emails. Light the stove. Watch the rugby.

I think I had a useful day - spent all morning going through emails and bank statements and checking websites to see how my pensions are doing and to draft an answer to my IFA. It was a little depressing, a reality check, but I did it, and have more or less written the email. Inevitably rude, without actually being so, because I think the IFA has been cheerfully putting me into SIPPs which don't help me do what I want, but do give him a 4% commission.

Then a bit of a St Patrick's Day party watching Ireland smash England and take the grand slam. A genuinely enjoyable match, the Irish were brilliant. NA beer, and Johnny's dope, and then I got the munchies and ate far too much bread and butter and all my choc ices. Bed early and I didn't wake up until 8.30.

Comments