Day 70 Friday 16.iii.2018

J & I are off to Bergamo for James' christening so I'm minding the dogs until Sunday.

Met John the hedgelayer and yurt builder. He's been to Naxos and stayed in Apollon. He thinks (my version of) Howard Janes is condescending - i.e. that we only became self conscious about 1500 BCE. He's an archaeologist. His wife found a Mycenaean seal like the one Adam Scharma showed us on Civilisations at the Mycenaean villa at Noussa on Paros that Sukie and I walked up to.

I think I've cracked freecell. It's only taken 18 years.





















Must get on. Can't sit around all day listening to Jordan Peterson and playing freecell. Meditate. Fix the brakes. Insure the van.

Feelings of guilt and anxiety disappear when you pay your debts (insurance, road tax, cancellation money for caravan). Took the Astra to the garage and booked it in for Monday 26 to sort the brakes (sounds expensive!) and give it a general check. Ditto caravan. Now down to my last £70.

H is coming to lunch on Sunday. P rang (another hospital appointment). V fed up about the alms house but I think I reassured her I'm OK about it. Will stay with her over Easter on my way down to Felicity's. Having lunch with Ronnie Blyth on Good Friday, a chance to say goodbye.

I've had two offers of land on Naxos - one where I used to live and one in the hills above Mikri Vigli. Almost Lagos Raki like, including the view. Both sound perfect and happy to accommodate my caravan. No idea what they want for rent.

Comments