Day 69 Thursday 15.iii.2018

Belle's thought for the day - "So it isn’t a matter of wishing that you were something else. It’s about how to create the environment where you can grow. And alcohol isn’t part of that equation."

I got up at 6 and caught the 8.17 for Ipswich and Sheerness to go and collect the Astra van from Charlie. It's not pretty, but it goes and apart from dodgy brakes I think it's OK. It has a 52 in the number plate, which is one of my numbers, so that's alright. And it is my escape vehicle of choice. The Dartford tunnel was having an "incident" so I didn't get back to Johnny and Ingrid's until 7. Bought treats at the CoOp and Waitrose and collected the bike from Saxmundham station, and expired with the fucking radio and light on before 10, so not a great night.

A classic sort of day to be finished with several stiff drinks. I had a Sole Star and a choc ice (Waitrose own brand, not very nice). And not very much to eat. Tired and depressed and frightened. Am I really going to drag my caravan all the way to Naxos, or even to Bonnevaux? Stuart is looking for land for me to rent.

Bob Snell from the Mills Charity emailed to say the Trustees would discuss my complaint on Monday.

Comments