Day 65 Sunday 11.iii.2018 (and 63 and 64)

Day 63 Friday 9.iii.2018
Steve Fenny the caravan man rang. His partner Lee will collect it sometime next week, maybe on Monday. I had been planning to email or call him this morning.

I put a wash on and the sun is out and there's a nice drying breeze.

My cough / chest is miles better, I feel well for the first time in weeks.

I was thinking about putting all my stuff in store until the Alms House is ready, but then I thought that would just be silly - paying to hire a van, rent storage, and then to bring it back again - so I asked Laura if I could pay her for storage instead, which she seem sfine about.

And I realised yesterday this is really the first big thing since my original Day 1, last October. I am jumping off another cliff. But more importantly I've been planning to do it since Christmas, and I am actually doing it. I've spent a fortune (hopefully not a wasted one) by my standards, on things for the caravan, and although I've wobbled a bit, and been wracked by doubt and very seriously tempted to just hide under the duvet and forget about it all - just stay here at the farm with the Lauras - I'm going ahead. Most unlike me.

Day 64 Saturday 10.iii.2018
Waiting. Doing not very much about anything. Supper with Johnny, Ingrid, Fred, Sophie, Lily. Sophie and I won the second round of a very good game. Went to sleep at 1.30am on the sitting room floor.

Each player writes 4 names on slips of paper. Each team in round one tries to describe the name to their partner, in words. 2nd round - same again, but now only in 3 words per name. 3rd round. same again, but no words - use charades. Really good game for prisoners of war, we decided.

Day 65 Sunday 11.iii.2018
Change of plan. Funny how when an illusion is swept away, you realise how many weird ideas had got hitched to it. Letter from Mills saying I couldn't have the alms house arrived this morning.

Just a little fairy story, really.

Do nothing. Let the caravan go to France. Pay Laura a month's rent. Go to Felicity. Wait. (Thinking I'm doing anything is bonkers - that letter arriving this morning is just the universe telling me where I'm going/not going, to let it go, go with the flow. I wonder if that's why I've been feeling so uncomfortable for the last few weeks, although it was funny what a warm glow it gave me when I decided I would like to live in the almshouse).

It's pouring with rain.

I did just want one thing to focus on.

Watching Charlie Wilson's War, which is cheering me up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Say anything you like. I do.