Day 61 Wednesday 6.iii.2018 (and Tuesday)

Day 60 Tuesday 5.iii.2018
No meditation. Cleaned out the caravan and loaded up the solar kit and wood burner and spare wheel.

Day 61 Wednesday 6.iii.2018
Listening to Jordan Peterson and Jonathan Haidt discussing the disgust response and political / social / economic attitudes.

Conservatives have a high disgust response - keep the germs out, be tidy and orderly, liberals have a low disgust response - much more open to new things, risk taking - both aspects have a survival / evolutionary function. American Indians should have had a much higher disgust response. Liberals start businesses but are crap at running them. Conservatives are great at keeping things going, but crap at innovation.

The disgust / politics link scores 0.6 on the mathematical association scale - much higher than most sociological correlations.

I am definitely in the low disgust category (and it is weird to see how that correlates all the way from ignoring sell by dates / eating offish food to my politics and attitude to life). On the other hand I do love a tidy room, and turning up on time. I reacted to Andrew at Bonnevaux because he is definitely high disgust, very slow to take a decision (hence 3 hour shopping trips). But we need each other - I'd go mad, he'd never do anything.

Trump and supporters are very high on the disgust scale - keep the germs out, shut the borders to foreign trade.

Safe spaces at university is a disgust reaction, keep this space clean and pure, don't say horrid things here.

Is homophobia (specifically male) a disgust reaction ? or abortion?

What do I do about my pot plants? Send them to France in the caravan or park them in the Almshouse. Ingrid will kill them.

Covered up my building materials and sorted out crockery and pots and pans. Laura's selling me my bed for £50. I just need a chest of draws. Then I proofread a bit more of Stuart's latest chapter.

3 choc ices (they were only minis) and Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron. Very good.

Comments