Day 57 Saturday 3.iii.2018 (and the rest)

Day 53 Tuesday 27.ii.2018 Hygienist Hair cut Cycle home Fit padlock to caravan Day 54 Wednesday 28.ii.2018 Nothing. Ill. Day 55 Thursday 1.iii.2018 No meditation. Stuart's Chapter 7. Pol cancelled. We are cut off. Supper with the Lauras. Ted explained why he likes my room - because it has pictures and plants. He wants to get married to his mate (cousin?) Charlie. Bob Snell has asked Laura for a reference. She said I pay the rent on time and I'm kind to the children. He's a bit vague about when I can move my stuff in - delays while they get the contractors to relay carpet, redo wet room, deep clean upstairs and down. Ask Laura if I can stay another month. I've postponed the caravan. Finally got a message from Andrew. Clearly no effort to find my SSD reader (Rebecca will have found it when she cleared out the kitchen, he says). Sounds like the electrician and plumber may have undone / redone all my work. I wonder if I'll ever go back. Day 56 Friday 2.iii.2018 Still blowing a gale. Slept well. I realised this morning, after supper last night with Laura and all her rellies, this is a sort of weird cross between Darling Buds of May and Cold Comfort Farm, without the culture or table manners. Sean, a cousin from Oxford, a particularly depressing specimen. He looked like a Clive Tuley in the making and apart from being a lot bigger seemed about the same emotional / intellectual level as Ted. That is actually being very unfair to Ted. H is drinking again. She says she'll stop on Sunday. She blamed the snow. Day 57 Saturday 3.iii.2018 I must be better, I've been loving being in my room again. It feels like a perfect space, as I would want it. Which is perhaps where all my confusion of the last few days of feeling ill, and forced hibernation, and doing nothing, comes from. Time for the barnacle to unpick himself from his rock, and move. Laura asked me to stay today, not entirely joking, I think. The house full to bursting with Lauras, half a dozen children under 6, no rows, and even Diana seems a bit more cheerful. It's getting warmer, and Andrew's had the heating on all day, so I'm actually sweating in my dressing gown. Be nice to have the window wide open again.

Comments