Day 46 Tuesday 20.ii.2018

Suddenly feel quite positive about the Alms House. Pinching the bench off Pol, hanging up my pictures, having my own address, and a secure home of my own for the first time in 20 years.

Went to see it and met Persephone, the Chairman, with Bob Snell. Lovely. I've said I'll take it. Won't be ready for me until April 1st as they're repairing the wet room and replacing the downstairs carpet. Feel very happy about it.

My solar power station arrived today. It's very big.

I feel completely shit and realise this is why I spent all day yesterday lying on my bed listening Jordan Peterson podcasts (and mostly doing so while asleep).

Then at the end of the day I finished proof reading Stuart's Spain chapter and sent it back to him, and made myself a not very nice pizza. Added a lot of stuff (anchovies, chorizo, capers and peppers) to a rather mouldy Margharita base.

I meditated three times, whilst feeling very breathless and snotty.

I did my babbel revision and another lesson. It's starting to get complicated (direct and indirect pronoun order, conjugating verbs  . . .)

I had a long chat with Fr Laurence about staying at Bonnevaux and maybe becoming an oblate (postulant first, for 3 months, then novice for a year, then maybe take the vows). Hopefully I'll have a chance for a face to face meeting with him in Bonnevaux - he's planning to visit fairly often. All very positive and friendly. It was funny, I noticed that in his letter the other day (to the WCCM newsletter) he echoed back what I had said / written in the UK newsletter when I got to Naxos about instrumentalism - how we cannot do things for a reason, an ulterior motive, we need to do things for their own sake, especially meditation, and, as it turns out, being sober. Being sober for someone or something else doesn't work. Just being sober just because it's more fun / less crap than drinking, does.

Comments

  1. Congratulations. About the Alms house . And Bonnevaux. I see you could do Both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say anything you like. I do.