Day 41 Thursday 15.ii.2018

At Pol's, doing a wash. A lovely mild sunny morning. Seems strange not to be rushing out to walk Megan, or Nick.

The Hobbit stove will arrive with its flue kit on 28.feb - yippee. It cost nearly £1,000 but that feels like an investment in my future, and a commitment to it, whatever it is. And a better home for my money than bitcoin, or my pension fund. Now I need to find a solar panel kit.

Pol and I meditated together and had a nice morning dithering about. She took me home via the library (actually I drove). Bit disappointing when we got back to Sweffling, my room, which I had left so neat and tidy and wanted to impress her with looked like a bomb had hit it (no cupboard, clothes all over the place, telly gone, heater gone). She spotted the picture of Hvar that she gave me on our honeymoon and I got framed, thinking I would give it back to her as a present. She said she'd like it - one less thing to take back to France, and a good home for it. She left to go and stay with Pen pretty quick and I set about sorting out my room. Got it it all back together and had a "normal" evening at home, which I'd been looking forward to for all the time I'd been in Bonnevaux, but it somehow wasn't the same.

I can't find my bicycle lights, which is a bit strange - I'd have definitely put them somewhere safe. Feel a bit trapped without them, as if there aren't twelve hours of daylight to get around. Also, they were quite expensive.

Pol had given me a copy of Meditatio News, and I read Laurence's letter. Too long as always, but very good. Talked a lot about the madness of the world, which I don't feel particularly. Four weeks of no telly, no radio, meditation, work, exhaustion, good food, a beautiful simple, strange, and entirely French place, where I felt completely at home, just seems to have left me unfitted for this old world, my old habits. An evening spent eating choc ices, drinking cranberry and tonic, listening to the radio and watching a film, "Spy", very funny, just felt like desperately filling a gap, and time to move on. No response from Andrew to my email about my chip reader, and directions to Bonnevaux. Slightly worried they're all sitting there thinking thank god he's gone and what a mess he's made of the Edspace, and I'll get a dear john from someone saying I'm not wanted, which would be a bit of a blow.  I never thought for a second at Bonnevaux, 'what shall I do now?' - if I had the answer would always have been, go to bed.

Bed very late.

Comments