Day 39 Tuesday 12.ii.2018

Last day. Didn't really sleep. So much for de-caff tea. And it tastes shite.

Worked on Edspace until 11.30, then woke up at 4am, brain buzzing. I have a plan. Let's hope it works better than yesterday's . . .

10am. Delith's made me porridge, for which relief much thanks, didn't think I had the energy to do it for myself. I've sorted out the worktop - stabilised, trimmed, and the fridge is cased off. Starting tidying up. Baptised the loo (Andrew knocked just as I was in full flow). Do a bit more, then have a shower. Water still boiling hot this morning, having been turned off since yesterday about 5pm. I think the loo cistern is leaking, and there may be something under the shower or from the kitchen waste, but I can't see where it's coming from.

Belle has given me a prize for my photo of her book, randomly selected she says. I've asked her to send me the pink wrapped bar of dark chocolate, with peppers in it.

I think I've done it (on the TGV to Paris) - loo leaks a little, shower leaks a little, water heater leaks a lot. But I've been using the loo all day without a problem (cistern not seated properly) and had a lovely shave and really long hot shower, just had to mop a bit after. Cleaned the place up, put all the tools and parts (mostly electrical) in the lock up barn, erected the Ikea folding bed, connected the 6-multiblock, so I've left Rebecca with a warm, well lit, tidy space. Forgot to take a final photograph. Finished at 5pm, just enough time to throw my stuff in my bag, and Rebecca drove me to the station with Andrew giving positively eerie guidance, just like a sat nav. Train left bang on time at 6.28, rammed, almost claustrophobic, but who's complaining at 300kph and 16 euros all the way to Paris Charles de Gaulle. John Manson came round after I'd had my shower and I briefed on all the probs and what I'd done and intended to do, so he can look after Rebecca if she has a problem. She wanted to stay in my room tonight (she stayed in a nice auberge in Coulombiers last night) - I think she was a bit nervous of all the electricity and water. Does look a bit like a heap of spaghetti in places. I'd be very happy there. Feels a bit weird to be going "home", it's been so intense, seems like years since Pol dropped me at the bus stop in Braintree.

Now I have to be good at Charles de Gaulle all night. A very cheap "holiday" so far, I've spent nothing apart from 3 or 4 packs of tobacco. I'll have a nice meal with some sans alcool biere.

Comments