Day 36 Saturday 10.ii.2018

Things I've gone without (having packed for a few days and been here a month)

  • clothes
  • aspirin
  • cod liver oil
  • nail clippers
  • scissors
  • Assam
  • hot baths
  • radio & TV

I've noticed

  • much better craps (recently) - was I chronically constipated?
  • sleeping well, just not enough
  • getting very tired (better now)
  • no HBP symptoms
  • no bloat /indigestion / feeling over full


minus 7 last night. Very cold, sunny, hard frost. Hope the water supply is OK.

3 white egrets flew out of the sun, above the trees outside my window, just before dawn. Sun was up at 8.28. It's funny how I'm noticing the N10 all the time now, it having seemed so silent before.

it's been a full on retreat, I haven't left the place since I arrived, apart from DIY shopping and a couple of trips to Sunday mass

Hard day. Wrote out a to do list, but did nothing on it. Spent most of the day playing lego with waste pipes and cutting into the shower base - anyway, it all fits, just have to glue it together. Penetrated the Edspace floor and connected to the main drain, reasonably neatly.

Tomorrow I need to connect up everything that needs to go behind the shower cabinet, and then shove it back against the wall, then connect the rest of the plumbing and start on the electrics. John bought me the bits I was missing for the plumbing and some extra electrics, plus useful advice. He said he'll come back on Tuesday so I can brief him on what I have done and not done, and he can look after Rebecca while she's staying in the Edspace, if something breaks.

FB comment to Richard Sheppard about Henry Worsley's story. So strange I had never heard about it until now.
"Dear Richard, thank you so much for recommending this. I read it in one hit, had no idea how it ended so it was a great shock, but very powerful and moving. Best David"



Comments