Day 96 (5) Wednesday 10.i.2018

Last knackering shift at the plastics factory. Enjoyed it, and managed not to get lost on the way home in the dark and drizzle. The most delicious accidental sandwich - wholemeal bread, butter, Marmite, chopped up raw cabbage, sliced tomatoes, pickled courgettes, Hellman's, my five a day in one easy package. The workers are very pissed off with management. An hour's downtime while Robert had 'meetings' with Big Steve and Little Steve about his supposed sabotage of the machine on Monday night - polymer was mis-threaded through machine so the drag brake got not no feedback and jammed on all the time. Robert can't understand how it happened and very upset with Little Steve about his accusations.

I have collared useful cardboard to mockup Felicity's table, and Little Steve said I can pillage their pile of broken pallets. Andrew said he'll give me a hand with his trailer. He was very surprised that I saw another hedge layer operating in Great Glemham on the way to work - he thought his mate had the monopoly.

Laura quite bitchy about Diana's job hunting in Dublin (thinks she may have the job, which would be great, if only to get rid of her animals, but Diana being very cocky apparently about how much the Irish love her, Laura says they say that to everyone).

Didn't think about drink at all today, which I think may be the problem - I think I'm cured. So 'tired of thinking about drinking' has worked perfectly, if I can just avoid sherry situations.

I do like working (if I have to) from 2pm to 9pm - lots of time to piss about after waking up, just need to make myself go to sleep at a reasonable time.

The Australian cough continues.

Google spell check does not know about Marmite! Quel horreur!

Comments