Day 91 / 0 Friday 5.i.2018

Making ellipses - s & f's table. Make two tables, that together make the golden section. Produce a more finished looking model.

work at Cransford Mon/Tues/Wed. Hurray. 21 x £7.50

Sold my bitcoin, again. don't be greedy. what does everyone else think is going to happen? how many other people are there out there who think they're missing out? how many bitcoin are held by clever fuckers who bought low(er) and are waiting to see how many more suckers they can pull in before they sell?

Meditate - 1:30-2pm

All afternoon - skinning, gutting the pheasants and making the pheasant pie and drinking the British sherry sorry making the cranberry sauce. Rang Ingrid - I'm going to take the (enormous) pie to them for supper tomorrow.

The bag of stalks. My treat for today. Chopped it up and made a number after I'd finished the pie.

If you didn't believe in God, you jolly well ought to after cutting up a pheasant. Such a beautiful thing, I've hung the skins and feathers on the line to dry and kept the tail feathers. All the muscles, the guts, the tiny heart, the wings - is an Airbus wing half so complicated, or so beautiful?

A lovely day. Don't think I've written any more Metanoia, and Stuart has sent me Chapter 3 so I better crack on and finish Chapter 2. Overwhelm looms . . .

Read Helen Dunmore's poems

Both H and Belle have been in touch. Mindreaders. Both worried. I replied to H's email. I have now cleared away the British sherry. i.e. drunk what I didn't keep for my sauce.

I've bought more bitcoin (basically missed out a small hike - now it looks like it's flattening out or about to drop, but I think there are a lot more of me out there wanting to board the bandwagon - just don't get greedy).

So it's back to Day One, really. No ifs or buts. 500 ml of British Wine is not an LA beer. And two spliffs, made out of old stalks I found in my bedside table.

The big debate. Is that it then? Or will I just go back to being sober, with a 91st day blowout? Would have been nice to make 100. Definitely buying it for myself, on my own, was the big mistake. Much easier not to in a crowd or with a friend. Just slurped it away, all afternoon. I have saved 200 ml for the sauce. Wow! I wonder if that'll last. Just getting too cocky really.

Doesn't really feel like failure. A sort of inevitability about it. Just so easy to slide off the wagon.

No treats with a good conscience. No more feeling proud and safe and a new start. A kind of grieving. No going to bed feeling warm and safe. Or waking up that way either. No choc ice tonight.

Well, that knocks the Superman trip on the head, which is probably just as well. Bit too cocky.

Comments