Day 89 Wednesday 3.i.2018

Late to sleep - 3 this morning. Just felt very lively, so I stayed up editing photos and videos and uploading stuff to facebook (Felicity stuffing the turkey, the survivors' walk)

Storm Eleanor going strong all night, headwind today when I cycle in to Fram. Need the car to go to Ipswich tomorrow, and shopping, and deliver pheasants to Johnny & Ingrid. Ingredients needed for my pheasant pie.

Table for Steve and Felicity - made a model, which confused Felicity (I think she thought it was the actual table, made out of an old birthday card).

Have received a quote of £600 to move the caravan to Bonnevaux in "early Feb" which feels a bit too soon, but maybe it's good timing. Somehow feel better about uprooting myself if I move out of Sweffling Hall Farm lock stock and barrel - that leaving the caravan and my stuff behind is a sort of tie. This way, maybe I'm on my way, to Ibiza, or Naxos, or Vietnam, and not coming back. Be sad to say goodbye to my lovely room, and Laura and Andrew and Ted and Esme (not, sadly Diana) but time to  move on, I think.

Have to extract 6 pheasant breasts tomorrow to make my pie. Did most of my shopping, and Ingrid's given me her mace and cinnamon, mostly resisted the temptation to sample the British sherry (a substitute for Marsala). I did have a sip and frightened myself and locked it in the car boot. I do not want to go back there.

Bicycle badly needs some tlc - strip down and clean and oil the chain, cranks and sprockets and cables - all starting to seize up, along with the brakes.

Slightly worried that Cransford Polythene will offer me work. My back's still very sore, and I don't feel I have any time. If they do, I can't say no (the extra money would be very useful). Johnny says they're very busy.

Sort of booked a holiday on Naxos from Mar 21 to April 18. Fortunately no money so I couldn't complete the booking, but I have emails. Very tempting. A nice break before starting in Bonnevaux. Straddles Easter. Asked Christos when he opens.

Stayed up very late writing Metanoia. Do more at the hospital tomorrow. I've set up a Hairy Elf page for pallet based products.

Comments

Post a Comment

Say anything you like. I do.