Day 88 Tuesday 2.i.2018

I am feeling very sorry for self - the horrible cough and cold after Christmas, and now the back ache. And my high blood pressure episode at Charles' and H's - not supposed to happen. I am being a good person and sober and therefore should not suffer pain of any kind. I think I'll have a drink.

But I do have a very good feeling about 2018, and not just for myself. Bought some more bitcoin. Well, less, because the price is still above where it was when I bought some in October. I think I have made $1.00, which is a start.

spending / wasting / investing my time
what have I done today? (It's now 10:45)
woke up 7:45
made tea, put on porridge (now baked bone dry)
checked emails
downloaded mic-note and made and emailed Belle my recording of her New Year message
checked Coinbase account and complained about their fees (gouging 4% each way - hope they have made a mistake). Still making a small profit. Doesn't appear to be a minimum charge.
checked and reconciled my bank a/c and petty cash (no pension payment yet) - I have exactly 89p in my wallet and about £36 in my bank. Enough to do my shopping tomorrow if the pension doesn't arrive.
wrote this blog
trimmed beard, moustache and nostril hairs
made coffee
smoked two fags
spoke to Dilith Cresswell at Bonnevaux about my trip and what I need to bring (no sleeping bag required, but they may need tools - the pod is being delivered on Jan 19, the day after I arrive) but needs plumbing and all sorts, so I will have a busy week
emailed Royal London / C Clarke about pensions and requested payouts.

Has felt like I've done nothing (i.e. not meditated, not written Metanoia, not read anything - so what) but looking at this list I seem to have been quite busy and I'm still not dressed.

In fact I didn't get dressed all day as I am ill and it's not fucking man flu.

I finally meditated (really really odd how much I keep putting this off) and sorted out my Royal London pension - they are sending me the forms to get the money out. Spoke to Marcus and he sent me the form, which I have printed and completed and put in an envelope to post tomorrow. Gave Chris Clark's contact details to Bruce and listened to a really interesting programme by James Burke on the End of Scarcity  - we're all going nano now apparently - and sent the link off to Steve. Now to write a bit of Metanoia - have lunch first. And meditate again.

Charles reminded me I was thrown out of Ampleforth on "Hash Wednesday" - 11th Feb 1970.

Woman's Hour on drinking with Clare Pooley, author of The Sober Diaries, and Catherine Gray. Rather good, although Catherine Gray failed to give Belle a plug, which seemed a bit mean, especially as she has written a best seller on the back of going sober. It's all becoming a bit of an industry. Maybe it's just January, or are all the Boomers feeling mortal?

Still haven't written any Metanoia. It's now 23:54.

How is it possible for this blog to have one view when I haven't even looked at it myself and I've only just published it?

Comments