Day 71 Saturday 16.xii.2017

Sadly the farm's drive is not aligned with sunrise on the winter solstice - it's not aligned with anything that I can see (144°). The sun rises on December 21st at 8:03, 128°. The Spring equinox is on March 18th, and surprise surprise, the sun rises at 90°!



Diana came back last night from Ireland. Unfortunately I only found out this morning when I charged roaring out of the bathroom because I could hear Pippy yapping on the landing and assumed the children had let him escape to shit or wee somewhere. But it was Diana, and now she is in a definite puss. Laura said she was applying for a job in Dublin - hope she gets it. And yet another person in the house to shut doors after. I think she's also pissed off because I've put a wash on. O dear.

I won some competition last night for listening to Belle's broadcast and now have 10 free podcasts.

Sorting through my CoOp paperwork to find my P60s and other tax related stuff. Funny mixture - a ton of disciplinary hearings bumph, exemplary employee reviews, holiday booking forms, and all my little sales sheets. The disciplinary crap makes good scrap.

Listening to Marianne Faithfull on spotify. She had a lovely voice.

Canna lily hanging on. De-pot the dead rhizome. Replant when?

Today's meditation image - a drowning man clinging to a lump of drift wood in a storm tossed ocean.

Terminally depressing Waitrose roast chicken dinner. Perfectly nice but barely enough to feed a small dog. Just as well I have a gallon of beef and fermented pea stew in reserve.

Here's a really unappetising picture.


Have made ginger and lemon grass cordial. amazing quantity of ginger - a very large root. makes 400ml of cordial.

After my "supper" I was feeling a bit depressed and thought I should meditate for half an hour because it's "good for me". Barbara, our mindfulness teacher, had sent out a  compassion for self podcast so I listened to that and afterwards decided sod meditation I was so sorry for myself I'd watch the film instead. It was nice ("Liar Liar" with Jim Carrey). Then I lied to Belle about my sunrise photo (that a) I took it - Google did really - and b) it was this morning). Now I;ll have to wake before dawn (i.e. about 7:45) and try and take another tomorrow. Now I'm working on my table, getting it ready for its glass top tomorrow.

Comments