Day 53 Tuesday 28.xi.2017

Another cold clear morning, stars twinkling at 5:40, and a stiff breeze. The Express or Mail says it'll be Arctic until Christmas. Harry and Megan's engagement is wall to wall, and will no doubt remain so until next spring, or they call it off. I went to sleep much too late, 'drunk' on hot ginger and lemon grass, and a choc ice. I have enough food to last until payday.

Faffed around reading and commenting on a piece in The Times about Momentum "purging centrist Labour councillors". Usual moronic comments. And a pretty content free piece. Why no effort to interview Momentum about the story? I can't believe how stupid most of the commenters are - if they're representative of The Times readership, no wonder we're going to the dogs.

Added my Aubade poem and pics of Bonnevaux to this blog.

Belle's comment (and others) on the co-dependent woman in the video. Made me see my behaviour with Pol (and maybe hers with me) more clearly. We should not expect other people to pick up our shit, because we pick up theirs. And me here, today, sometimes, with the Parsons Manns.

Because I haven't done things I assumed I was going to (but did a lot I hadn't planned to do, but needed doing) I start beating myself up. Forget about what I didn't do. Take pride in having done the things I have done. Sorting out my paperwork. Checking my tax position. Checking my pensions and bitcoin (up 70% since I bought them in October). Clearing my Lotto account. Checking flights to Bonnevaux in January. Measuring up Pol's carpet. Packing away my tent and sorting out the cupboard. Cleaning up my files and documents on Google Drive. Setting up on-line shopping with Waitrose.

No exercise. No meditation, so far.  An early night would probably help. And I'm smoking too much.

So organised. Everything in Google Calendar, or spreadsheets, or To Do lists. Desk clear. Cupboard sorted. Apart from the table and finishing Metanoia. So I'll probably proofread Stuart's 2nd chapter. Nothing to do and nowhere to hide until Saturday.

Comments

  1. I admire all you do, especially all the exercise cycling. Also your writing. Makes me think - at Day 10 - of signing up for an online writing course to help in being more usefully occupied than just going to the shops to buy more soft drinks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say anything you like. I do.