Day 40 Wednesday 15.xi.2017

Grey warm overcast. A coup in Zimbabwe. I don't suppose the new crooks will be any improvement on the old one.

I seem to have an empty to do list, apart from cycling to Eye this afternoon.

Dictating Metanoia to Google Docs seems to work much better now I'm editing a chapter at a time. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to use voice input here.

Wrote a comment on an article in The Times by Danny (Lord) Finkelstein, which was well received. Very satisfying. The Times is really The Daily Mail with longer sentences.

Made another model of my table, with a new arrangement for the legs which I think works better. Put an edge round the top and get a piece of glass cut to fit it (or fill it with clear resin and smooth it off - keep the raw pallet wood look). Set off for Harriet's about 2:30, a lovely autumn ride. No steep climbs, no wind, mostly very quiet back roads, and it really calmed me down. Arrived at H's about 4:30, just as it was getting too dark to ride without lights, having raided the CoOp in Eye for cranberry and tonic and St Peter's Without (very malty, like a sort of stout, but quite nice and 0.05% alcohol).


Sorry it's upside down - can't figure out how to turn it round.

Suffolk Plough
Suffolk plough
like Paul Nash battlefields
or Paul Nash battlefields like Suffolk plough.
That's what he meant I guess;
the machines of war
ploughing fertiliser into Flanders' fields.

Lovely bath and meditate before duck supper. Stayed up too late (23:20) talking about everything, while H chugged through a couple of bottles and asked me to tell her when she started to slur. She didn't.


Comments