Day 36. Saturday 11.xi.2017

To bed early then fell asleep with the radio on, so a restless night and a horrible drinking dream - a bottle of something apricot coloured - calvados maybe, and then a pint of something else for good measure. Felt very fed up, that I would have to reset, and then I thought why, but I sort of knew why - if once was OK, or didn't count, then twice would be and so on. Like the 3 fags yesterday. So, Day 1 again for smoking, today. Just very pleased to wake up this morning and realise I had not had a drink. I think that is my second or third drinking dream since Day 0. In a way, perhaps, it is evidence of motivation, or of my deepest fear / anxiety. Did feel particularly vulnerable yesterday, being here at the house of gin, wine, beer and fags, and on my own and a bit bored and no choc ices or toys to play with. So I had a horrible curry and rice, a bath, and early bed. Make an effort to cook myself a decent (and interesting) meal tonight. It was good fun following the hellofresh cook by numbers recipes.

Momentum get together today. FckBk says 4 are going. Try and get some figures for projector hire and venue this morning.

B still hasn't told us where we are meeting up tomorrow. (Yes she has, somewhere near Liverpool Street Station, at 2.30.)

It is not true that people who do not drink, smoke or take drugs are more:
  • beautiful
  • intelligent
  • funny
  • successful
  • sane
  • healthy
  • fit
  • active
  • happy
  • have better relationships / better sex / more sex
a) than people who do
b) than they would be if they did drink / smoke / take drugs (err discuss)

That being so, why am I better off not drinking? See previous entries on this blog! i.e. for none of the above reasons (and if I get unhappy wondering why I've not got more or better of the above since dropping drinking, I'm not thinking straight).

I've bought a tin of Cafe Creme. My lovely full English breakfast was desperate for a nice smoke and a coffee to finish. And I've decided that wanting a fag gets confused with wanting a drink, so I'm in much more danger of having a drink because I can't have a fag. And a cigar is not a cigarette. Keep sucking the lozenges though. Minimise smokes.

Momentum film show - left a message for Vivian Warren, manager at The Palace Cinema - they do private showings.

Went to Greener Fram's swap and mend - Spadge Hopkins can hire us his projector for £10. Bought two mini speakers for my laptop for a £5 donation. We could use the Fram Youth Club for a showing / meeting. Why not bait D Poulter the sex pest on his own front door?

A good turn out for the Momentum get together at lunchtime. Sean thinks he can get Ken Loach's film at a reduced rate. Now we just need to find somewhere to put the thing on.

Back to J&Is. Cooked myself a nice supper - celeriac mash and spinach (both bought from the market) and sausages from Hall Farm butchers. Watched Vietnam, parts 7 & 8. Nixon was extraordinarily wicked. A truly tragic story, for the Vietnamese and the Americans.

And so to bed. Another sober day. It is possible to drink too much cranberry & tonic water. I now understand why Fritz used to have a chamber pot in his cottage in Donegal. Note to self: acquire chamber pot.

Fun having speakers and listening to Spotify. 

Comments