About this blog . . . and how it's supposed to work

About this blog
I started it because Belle told me I should - for some accountability in my attempt to lay off the booze, to the people I care about, and who care about me. So if you want follow along, you're welcome - and if you want to start at the beginning, click on the Archive button to the right, so you can begin at Day 1.

This really is my daily diary, so it has a lot of stuff not obviously connected with not drinking, but my life's too short to keep multiple diaries going. And it's an account of my whole journey, not just gritting my teeth and not drinking. As Belle's blog says, I'm here because I'm tired of thinking about (not) drinking - my life is about more than that.

Navigation
My latest entries appear on this first page. If you want to read the blog in order, from the beginning, click on the Archive button, and select October 8, then scroll down to find Day 1 & 2. Read it, or not, as you like. Then hit the back arrow and scroll down to read the next day's entry, and so on. If you click on the big title at the top of the page it'll take you back to where you started, and you can use the Archive button to move on to the next week.

And you can use the Search button (so say, to search for Day 5, or Day 15, although the results seem to be a bit random - Day 5 will be there somewhere, but not necessarily at the top of the screen).

Below the Archive button, there is a Labels button. So if you want to find the entry about "chickens executed and rotten" just click on Labels, then Show More and scroll down. Labels are ranked alphabetically, with the number of posts with this label in brackets. There's a more fun way of doing it (a cloud) but it doesn't seem to work here.

There are other pages/tabs, for more general topics (i.e. not the daily diary) like mindfulness and meditation, that seem relevant, and maybe stuff from another blog that I wrote on previous attempts to stop drinking. Not many people seem to be able to get it right first time (whoever does, in anything?).

Comments
Feel free to say anything you like. I will read comments but I will only edit them if they affect anonymity (see below). I am not censoring what I write, so I don't see why I should censor what you write. You can leave a comment anonymously, or log in with whatever you normally log in with (Google, Wordpress etc not Facebook for some reason, probably a good one). If you want to be anonymous I think you will be asked to prove you're not a robot.

Anonymity
I am being anonymous myself, but really only to protect the identities of people I mention in the blog. To start with, I did want to be anonymous - I wasn't ready to share my dirty little secret with the world. You may know, or guess, who I am - please keep it to yourself. If you do know me, you are welcome to contact me by the usual channels (email, phone, letter etc) if you prefer. If I refer to you, and you are unhappy with my comment, feel free to say so. As I say, I am not censoring myself (there would be no point in this if I did) and I am writing as I feel at the time. It's what I feel, it's about me. If you want me to anonymise you, tell me. If you tell anyone else about this blog, I'd prefer it if you did not give the game away to them (i.e. that you know who I am, or who other people mentioned here are). Thank you. And apologies if my musings upset you - we all think bad things about people we love from time to time, that doesn't make them true, or mean that person is a bad person. And you don't have to read this if it makes you unhappy. (Did you ever read the diary of someone you care about, without their permission?  Well, you have my permission, but don't say you weren't warned!)

Updates
I seem to be adding to this every day. I find it quite therapeutic. I often upload a daily entry first thing (I start to write it in bed with my cup of morning tea) but then add to it or edit it later. So if it really matters to you, read yesterday's entry each day, rather than today's. I reserve the right to go back and change things I wrote weeks ago, and not tell you I have done so. Ho hum.

Comments