Day 18. Tuesday 24.x.17

B's book arrived in the post yesterday, in a package covered in tiny French stamps. More than half way through it this morning. Full of folded page corners and scribbles.

Mindfulness with Barbara at the Unitarian Chapel last night, after months of not going. Cycled in from Sweffling after dark and stayed the night with Johnny and Ingrid. Got money out for my party (food, drinks, music = £330 - hope it's enough), labels for the party game / ice breaker, and pins. Emailed Phoenix to get a monthly payment from them. Boiled egg and toast (no jam / marmalade - arggh, definitely developing a sweeter tooth) for breakfast and then cycled home via the library and the stationery shop.

Write to B today a) to complain again about her not being my sober penpal until I sign the 100-day pledge and why I don't want to make it just yet (7 days, then 30 days, then 60 days, then 100), or just make it anyway - does it matter why I'm doing it, that I may not be whole hearted about it? b) write to Mark Roberts - would he be prepared to be my sober support?

Nice chat with Aden. Told him about my tentative plan to get a round the world ticket via Vietnam and New Zealand and maybe South America (Rhiannon emailed me today)

Treats  - mini magnums, hot ginger cordial, afternoon off, nice supper, bath. And a chat with F.

Comments