Day 1 & 2. Sat/Sun 7-8.x.17

Just for completeness / neatness really. My OCD tendency kicking in. Think I may have just shared several days with everyone on the planet, by accident, trying to share it with Aden. Send him the blog link. And it appears although the blog is called goodbyeandthanks . . . it still goes out as being from me. How do I make it really anonymous?

Hard to remember where I was on Saturday morning. I'd come back from Greece (felt awful all day in Hotel Les Amis in Athens waiting for my flight) on Saturday 30th, and stayed at Johnny and Ingrid's dog minding. Don't think I did much of anything, apart from carrying on drinking and finishing my weed. Seemed OK. J & I came back Thursday evening (I bought them an expensive and not very good fish pie for supper). I'd replaced what I'd drunk - a bit of gin, red wine and a couple of beers. Finished off Johnny's home brew (it would only have gone off). Friday am, a nip of gin, a swig of red wine, nipped into to the CoOp and bought a bottle of wine (quite restrained by my standards - no whisky) and pedalled home. Finished the wine, then went down to the White Horse to read my Spectator and drink two pints of strong cider and two glasses of Laphroiag (large). Wobbled home on the bike, fell off on the bend at the top of the track and bashed my knee.

Woke up on Saturday. No booze in the house. Promised myself a couple of dry days (long overdue - drank solidly and all day in Greece, and before I left). Sometime on Saturday / Sunday, I blundered on a piece on Medium.com about alcoholics / alcoholism which referenced totad and, I think, not wanting to go to AA. And I seemed to be off. I think it was the idea of just 7 days, just 30 days, just 100 days. Just do it, for that long, and see how I feel at the end. But really do it, however hard and horrible it might seem. After all, it's only for 7/30/100 days, and then I can go back to being a drunk again, if I want. It seemed so simple. So far it sort of has been, and I have put myself in a few tricky situations. Staying, again, at Johnny and Ingrid's, staying here with Pol (can't remember the last time I was sober with her), lunch with David Keeling, him drinking, me not. Not touching the communion wine, not deglazing my steak pan with red wine, not swallowing my mouthwash (I always check to make sure its at least 17% alcohol), not keeping David's beer and wine. Blogging every day, and reading B's blogs.

Comments